Savory Homemade Soup Recipe
Florida has an interesting temperament during "winter." One day it's in the 80s and the next, it's 50s.
If you're a soup lover, you should be ready to whip up a soup for the few days of cold front that we have, and this recipe is a great at-home option.
Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Large stock pot w/ lid
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
3 gloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 packages of Aidells sausage, Chicken and Apple, sliced
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
One small bag of little golden potatoes, diced
2 cartons of low sodium chicken broth
16 ounces of water
One branch of fresh sage (remove leaves from stems and chop leaves, discard stems)
One bunch of kale, rinsed thoroughly several times (remove leaves from stems and chop leaves, discard stems)
Additional salt and pepper to taste
1. In stock pot, add olive oil and heat to medium on stovetop.
2. Add onion, garlic and sausage and stir occasionally for 5-10 minutes until onions sweat and sausage is slightly browned.
3. Add carrots, potatoes, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth and water. Bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and add sage. Cook on low for 1 hour.
6. Add kale and cook on low for 30 minutes.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Ladle into bowl and enjoy!